We can all agree that pizza is one of the best foods on the face of this planet. The soft dough and crispy crust that gently nestles a vibrant red and delicious tomato sauce in the center, topped with an endless amount of options! Many people refrain from indulging because it can be a high-calorie food. Well, we decided to take a fan favorite and turn it into something a little more healthier so you can enjoy it guilt-freeee!!!! We used a whole wheat alternative crust, low-fat cheese, and loaded it with tons of vegetables. ENJOY!!!
Serving: 1 personal pizza
1 whole wheat pita
1-2 tablespoons of pizza sauce (we use Classico Tomato Basil)
1-2 tablespoons pesto (Classico has a pesto as well)
1-2 oz reduced fat mozzarella cheese
Bell peppers, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Option #1: Place tomato sauce in center of pita and use the pesto for the crust or Option #2: Do a tomato and pesto swirl (see pictures below).
- Sprinkle some of the peppers and onion onto the sauce. This will allow the sauce and crust get a little more flavor.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on your pizza and add toppings.
- Cook pizza for 15-20 minutes, or when pizza is cooked through.
Let us know how you personalized your own pita pizza by posting it on either Facebook or Instagram and tagging us @nutrition4performance (IG) or @NFPMIA (FB) and using the hashtag #NPFPersonalPizza!