With Valentine’s day right around the corner, what better “whey” to say I love you than cooking a beautiful breakfast for that special someone. This recipe is quick and easy to prepare and will be sure to put a smile on your valentine’s face. Oh! and did we mention, these are a healthier alternative to the traditional pancake? If you decide to surprise your loved one with these yummy valentine wheycakes, post your masterpiece on Instagram or Facebook, tag @nutrition4perfomance, and use hashtag #ValentineWheyCakes. Let us know how they come out!
2 bananas (The riper the banana, the more banana flavor you will get)
2 tbsp of Peanut Butter
⅓ C of ground oats
2 scoops of whey protein powder
2 tbsp of Cinnamon
1-3 drops of red food coloring
- In a bowl mash bananas to a pureed consistency.
- Mix eggs with the bananas.
- Mix in peanut butter (HECK YES!!!! HEALTHY FATS) in the same bowl.
- Next mix in remaining ingredients- oatmeal, protein powder, cinnamon, and food coloring. Be sure to mix until it is evenly spread throughout the mixture. The mixture should have a thick, batter consistency.
- Heat pan on medium heat and apply nonstick spray to both pan and heart-shaped cutout.
- Place heart-shaped cutout onto the pan or flat top and pour batter into the cutout.
- Wait until you see bubbles on the top of the pancake, then using tongs to remove cutout, flip wheycake over and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until all the batter is used.
- Top with blueberries, cinnamon, syrup, honey, walnuts, powdered sugar or whatever your HEART desires.
- Enjoy this yummy breakfast with the one you love!